The values of integrity, fairness, and trust have been the greatest assets that made Rathi what it is today, and they also embody the greatest value criteria that will sustain Rathi and open up a new future.
Rathi’s business focus, which first began from steel, is broadening its scope; and its sphere of activity is also now reaching out to the world beyond Korea. Our ethical standards should also be elevated to meet those of world-class levels.
Principles of Ethics:
The duty of Compliance with the Code of Ethics Role and Responsibility of Employees Penalty for Violation of the Code of Ethics:
The duty of Compliance with the Code of Ethics
- We must comply with related rules and regulations in all areas of the world where Rathi Bars Ltd. is conducting business operations.
- We must retain our dignity as Rathi Bars Ltd. employees and make efforts to maintain the company’s reputation.
- We must preserve integrity, fairness, and trust throughout all jobs and business relations.
- We must not become engaged in activities in which there are conflicts of interests between the company and the individual.
- We must not irrationally discriminate against other employees or stakeholders based on race, nationality, gender, disability, and religion, and must respect the dignity and diversity of each individual.
- We must make efforts to create a safe workplace and protect the environment.
- We must be devoted to establishing an ethical culture by taking responsibility and practicing ethical conduct.
Role and Responsibility of Employees
Employees must understand and practice all aspects of the code of ethics, and comply with domestic and international laws regarding anti-corruption as members of a global company.
- Understanding and Complying with the Code of Ethics.
- We must fully understand and faithfully comply with all aspects of the code of ethics.
- Regarding situations in which there are conflicts concerning the code of ethics, decisions must be made after consulting with the department head or the Ethics Management Office.
- We must take responsibility for unethical conduct.
- Reporting and Consulting Unethical Conduct
- If we find out that our or others’ behavior conflicts with the code of ethics, we must immediately report to and consult with the department head or the Righteous Management Office.
- We must be aware of various methods to report or consult about cases in which there are conflicts over the code of ethics.
Role and Responsibility of the Leader
The leader must perform a key role in enhancing the competitiveness of the company by preventing and eradicating unethical conduct through ethical compliance.
- The leader has the obligation to make decisions with ethics being the top priority whenever the company’s benefits conflict with ethics.
- Operational accountability
- The leader possesses unlimited liability in unethical conduct and must take supervisory responsibility in case of unethical conduct by his or her subordinates.
- Job performance
- The leader strictly abides by the law, does not pursue private interests, is devoted to creating corporate values, and does not deal with corrupt stakeholders.
- Elimination of favors and solicitations
- The leader aims to eliminate all forms of favors and solicitations and eliminates business influence in relation to outsiders.
- Respect for humans
- The leader strives to eliminate conduct that impairs respect for fellow humans such as sexual harassment and verbal abuse in the organization.
- Practical activities
- The leader is devoted to increasing the level of ethical practice to that of world-class levels by taking the initiative in operating the ‘Ethical Practice Programs’.
The leader must also prevent the unethical conduct of members, and take the following measures in case of such conduct.
- Training and counseling on ethics
- The leader must provide training and counseling on ethics for relevant staff.
- The leader must have relevant staff understand the importance of compliance with the code of conduct and practice of ethical conduct.
- Precautions for unethical conduct
- In case of unethical conduct that occurs habitually, the leader must isolate the cause, improve the process, and fundamentally take preventive measures.
- The leader must report to or consult with the Righteous Management Office immediately after receiving a report that a member has violated the code of ethics.
The penalty for Violation of the Code of Ethics
Employees violating the code of ethics may receive certain penalties including dismissal according to related regulations. In particular, the zero-tolerance policy is applied to unethical conduct such as accepting bribes, embezzlement, fabrication of information, and violation of sexual ethics.
Conduct Subject to Penalty
- If one has violated the code of ethics or demanded others to do so
- If one has not immediately reported a violation of the code of ethics that he or she is aware of or is skeptical about
- If one does not cooperate with the investigation of the Righteous Management Office regarding matters that may have violated the code of ethics
- If one takes retaliatory action against other employees who reported an issue regarding ethical management
Innovative method of Manufacturing of Steel Bars
Hot charging and hot delivery process of continuous casting billet has the advantages of saving energy, improving the production capacity of heating furnace, reducing the burning loss of billet, decreasing the rolling fault, improving the rate of finished products, speeding up the logistics movement, reducing billet storage warehouse and liquidity occupation etc
- Company Profile for Rathi Bars Ltd – Reuters India Published: September 28, 2018
- Rathi Bars Ltd. Stock Price, Share Price, Live BSE/NSE, Rathi Bars Ltd. Published: September 28, 2018
- Anurag Rathi – Individual Member Detail Published: September 28, 2018
- Rathi Bars Ltd (532918:Bombay Stock Exchange) Published: September 28, 2018
- Structural Steel – Preferred Material for Construction Published: September 28, 2018
- What are Earthquake Resistant TMT Bars Published: September 28, 2018